What are the advantages of a fee-based Financial Advisor?
- We are transparent – You always know what you are paying since there are no hidden advisory fees.
- We are fiduciaries – As an Investment Advisor Representative through Woodbury Financial Services, we are required by law to act in your best interest as a fiduciary. Most financial advisors are registered representatives and are not legally fiduciaries.
- We recommend low cost investment options – Since we are paid the same, regardless of the investment we monitor, we only recommend low-cost investment options. This has the potential to improve your long-term returns.
Here are 10 Questions to ask your Financial Advisor. As your financial advisor, we equip you with the tools you need to help you make educated decisions regarding your financial future.
What are your advisory fees?
Our first two meetings are always free. This gives us time to learn about each other and decide if a mutually beneficial partnership can exist. Should we decide to work together, we charge .50% to 1.00% annually depending upon your assets under management with us. This fee covers all of our services.
Investment Advisory Fees
For clients that want ongoing investment advice, fees are based on a percentage of assets under management. For Advisory Services we strive to keep costs as low as possible, so clients can keep more of their return (the way it should be). If you’d like complete details of our fee schedule just use the contact form on our website and we are happy to provide an estimate for your situation. An independent custodian has custody of the assets. We never ever take custody of client assets. This is important as it protects investors from fraud and theft. Most of our clients assets are held with Fidelity or TD Ameritrade though we have the ability to work with others if the situation calls for it.
What are you planning work fees?
We charge a simple, low, flat fee for financial planning.
Our Fee: $1,500 | Industry Average: $2,500 | Savings: $1,000
- Comprehensive financial plan
- Retirement planning
- Financial statement preparation and analysis (including net worth, cash flow analysis/planning and budgeting)
- Insurance planning and risk management
- Employee benefits planning
- Investment planning analysis
- Estate planning analysis
- 2 in person meetings
What is the best way to get started with Roop Financial Services?
Give us a call at 901-683-4030 and we'll set up a listening session with you to understand your needs. After the meeting we'll put together some information and ideas for strategies that best fit what you've told us about your goals. Next, we'll present these ideas and plans to you and you'll decide whether to make us your advisor.
Disclosure: Investors should understand that working with an advisor who is a fiduciary does not guarantee that they will experience greater investment performance or reduced losses as compared to working with an advisor that is not acting as a fiduciary.