"For over 30 years, I’ve been communicating to clients using plain language, true stories, a blank sheet of paper and the best of all my training, relationships, and know-how to help you transform your financial reality and pursue a better life for yourself and your family." -Walter Roop CLU®, RHU®
As the Founder of Roop Financial Services, Walter focuses on helping clients manage and preserve their wealth and transfer it to successive generations. With over 30 years of experience in wealth management, estate planning, 401k's and creating income distribution strategies during retirement, Walter is a Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®) and Registered Health Underwriter (RHU®) from The American College.
He began his financial services career in 1990 after earning a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the University of Memphis. Walter focuses on working with people who are going through a life transition. Examples: Buying or selling a business, getting married, closing in on retirement, relocating, receiving a windfall inheritance, divorcing, widowed, finding yourself between jobs, having a death in the family, negotiating an executive pension package. He works alongside his team of CFP® and ChFC® advisors to provide his clients with a holistic financial plan.
Walter and his wife, Cindy, reside in Germantown, TN and stay very busy with the activities of their daughter and son.. He enjoys traveling with Cindy, community bicycling events, managing his trophy bass lake, farming pumpkins & blueberries, spending time with clients and is an avid Mississippi State and Arkansas Razorback fan.
GETTING TO KNOW WALTER
- Favorite Food: Homegrown vegetables & apple pie
- Best piece of financial advice received: To become wealthy, stay disciplined. To stay wealthy, diversify.
- Favorite movie: Greater
- If Walter could meet anyone, past or present, it would be: Jesus
- Place Walter would most like to visit: Italy
- Something on Walter’s bucket list: To fish the southern end of the famous Patagonian region of Argentina that boasts the largest rainbow trout in the world!
- Favorite book: “Never Give Up” – Donald Trump
- What motivates Walter: Seeing people pursue their goals through hard work, dedication and education.
- Hidden talent: Walter is a hunting/fishing guide.
- Favorite holiday: Christmas
- Favorite quote: “"At that moment I knew I was witnessing perfection. You are a fine fisherman....like a work of Art". - A River Runs Through It.”
Biggest accomplishment: Amazing wife & two wonderful children
Learn about some of the organizations Walter works with:
Giving Back »