" For over 25 years, I’ve been communicating to clients using plain language, true stories, a blank sheet of paper and the best of all my training, relationships, and know-how to help you transform your financial reality and live the life of your dreams. While we work together, it’s my intention that our meetings help you to feel relaxed, taken care of, empowered, calm, clear and focused on the future you’re building."
-Walter Roop CLU®, RHU®
Walter is a native Memphian and graduated from University of Memphis with a BBA degree in Business. Roop Financial Services is an independent financial services firm offering investment advisory services through Woodbury Financial Services. Walter's academic credentials include the CLU® (Chartered Life Underwriter) and RHU® (Registered Health Underwriter) designations from the American College. He provides educational works for several non-profits in Memphis and at the request of numerous companies, he has educated hundreds of employees as they transition from their current positions to the next stage of their lives.
Walter specializes in working with people who are going through a life transition. Examples: Buying or selling a business, getting married, closing in on retirement, relocating, receiving a windfall inheritance, divorcing, widowed, finding yourself between jobs, having a death in the family, negotiating an executive pension package. He works alongside his team of CFP® and ChFC® advisors to provide his clients with a holistic financial plan.
Walter and his wife, Cindy, reside in Germantown, TN and have two wonderful children and one dog. He enjoys spending time with his family, community bicycling events, turkey hunting, managing his trophy bass lake, farming blueberries, spending time with clients, traveling and is an avid Mississippi State and Arkansas Razorback fan.
Education and Professional Certification
- Over 25 years experience as Investment Advisor Representative, Woodbury Financial Services
- He holds his Series 6, 7, 22, 63, 65 licenses through Woodbury Financial Services.
- Licensed Life and Health Insurance agent; TN, AR, MS, FL, GA
- B.B.A. in Business Administration; University of Memphis
- Chartered Life Underwriter, The American College
- Registered Health Underwriter, The American College
GETTING TO KNOW WALTER
- Favorite Food: Homegrown vegetables & apple pie
- Best piece of financial advice received: To become wealthy, stay disciplined. To stay wealthy, diversify.
- Favorite movie: Greater
- If Walter could meet anyone, past or present, it would be: Jesus
- Place Walter would most like to visit: Italy
- Something on Walter’s bucket list: To fish the southern end of the famous Patagonian region of Argentina that boasts the largest rainbow trout in the world!
- Favorite book: “Never Give Up” – Donald Trump
- What motivates Walter: Seeing people achieve their goals through hard work, dedication and education.
- Hidden talent: Walter is a hunting/fishing guide.
- Favorite holiday: Christmas
- Favorite quote: “"At that moment I knew I was witnessing perfection. You are a fine fisherman....like a work of Art". - A River Runs Through It.”
Biggest accomplishment: Amazing wife & two wonderful children
Learn about some of the organizations Walter works with:
Giving Back »