As an independent financial and investment advisor representative serving families, I believe in a client-focused, research-backed approach. My investment portfolios are designed to meet your wealth goals, on your schedule. Here’s how:
Leverage Nobel-Prize Winning Research
Every portfolio I build for my clients is based on almost nine decades of data, analysis, and research. That experience generates the deep insights from behavioral finance that I apply to your unique situation and goals.
My Investment Committee that guides this effort in client portfolios is led by world-class practitioners and leading academics like Dr. Meir Statman and Nobel Laureate Dr. Harry Markowitz.
Minimize Risk, Maximize Return
I always start by getting a clear picture of where you are now. This includes figuring out what a healthy risk tolerance looks like given where you are and where you want to go.
Eliminating risk means eliminating opportunity. My philosophy seeks to manage and reduce risk through a prudent, four-step approach that includes:
- Global diversification to capture global stock market performance
- Investing in a wide array of companies to avoid over-exposure to any single sector or industry
- Combining different categories of companies and investments that respond differently to various market conditions
- Mixing in high-quality, short-term bonds to smooth out market swings and your investing experience
I use best practices and sophisticated portfolio construction techniques construct a diversified portfolio—rebalancing as needed to adjust to your goals and market changes.
Historically, this approach provides a superior result when measured against typical DIY investors and active portfolio management practices.
Focus on the Long-Term
Thanks to advances in healthcare and technology, the average retirement today is almost 30 years. That’s a long time to ensure you don’t outlive your money.
A long-term view is one of the most important ingredients of success in investing. But our emotions can get the best of us when markets start to swing. That’s why I use the latest in behavioral research to help you make better decisions and stay on track. I’ll also ensure our asset allocation managers rebalance your portfolio periodically to keep it aligned with your goals.
Every portfolio I build for my clients is based on almost nine decades of data, analysis, and research. That experience generates the deep insights from behavioral finance that I apply to your unique situation and goals. - Walter W. Roop CLU, RHU*
If you have $250,000 in investments, I invite you to schedule a complimentary 15-minute call to explore working together.
There is no guarantee that any investment plan or strategy will be successful.
* Walter Roop is an Investment Advisor Representatives of, and securities and Investment Advisory Services offered through Woodbury Financial Services, Inc., PO Box 64284, St. Paul, MN 55164. 800-800-2638 Member FINRA, SIPC, and Registered Investment Advisor. Roop Financial Services, Inc. and Woodbury Financial Services Inc. are not affiliated entities. Nothing contained herein is to be considered tax or legal advice. Neither Walter Roop, Woodbury Financial Services, nor Roop Financial Services, offer tax or legal advice. Tax and/or legal advice should be obtained from a professional duly licensed to provide such services. Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training. The presence of this website on the Internet shall not be directly or indirectly interpreted as a solicitation of investment advisory services.
All written content on this site is for information purposes only. Opinions expressed herein are solely those of Roop Financial Services, unless otherwise specifically cited. Material presented is believed to be from reliable sources and no representations are made by our firm as to another parties’ informational accuracy or completeness. All information or ideas provided should be discussed in detail with an advisor, accountant or legal counsel prior to implementation.